Vacuous Vacuum


I really hope the day I have a kid he/she doesn't turn out to be a spoilt brat. The only thing worse than a brat is a retard. I can't help but notice how sad and stupid many of these Americans are. I'm sitting outside of starbucks listening to the most vacuous conversation in history with the primary imbecile looking like Peter Griffen in his early 20s complete with the bird nest beard. Whats especially depressing is how loudly he speaks, making sure to draw lots of attention to himself. NY becomes a lonely place as you lay adrift confined by an air of mediocrity with kids that show little capability of reaching their potential. Its the international students that are saving the educational system in America.

Maybe one day these kids will grow up and look at the bigger picture. I'm sure its been argued that somewhere between bangbus and deuce biggalow we've lost many of our youth to mainstream zombie media. A book is so much harder to obsorb because you need to think. Do it long enough and it provokes thought and possibly even change. but I don't want them to hurt themselves. Wouldn't want them to overburden themselves by picking up a book.

I wish I was intelligent enough to induce some change. Be the spark that lights the fire, the ripple that starts the wave. Maybe I'm just a chameleon, simply wearing a cloak and executing the proverbial dagger for fear of coming to terms with my own intellectual short cumings. Oh yes, intellectual masterbation is as sad as it is temporally fulfilling.

1 comments:

  1. Silvermike said...

    If you can't impress with brilliance, baffle with bullshit. A good plan, but I think the problem here is not knowing which one is doing.

    You know what you know, you know what you don't know. And 95% of what there is to know, you don't know you don't know.

    I'm guessing this guy did'nt know he did'nt know.  


 

Copyright NY3NE 2008