My friend "J" has decided to be more proactive about his personal life. This was not only surprising, but makes me proud knowing that the blog has accomplished some good. What's usually nothing more than just a bunch of aimless meandering has actually served a small function for one reader. Initially I was apprehensive passing "J" the URL to "Don't Stick", second guessing myself about what his reaction might be. Looking back, I'm glad I did, while no one enjoys criticism "J" was objective enough to take something positive from it. Anyway, "J" sent me the following message a short while ago:
So I've been thinking about stuff and i think need to be out there just racking up notches (as the DCB would say) for a bit. These 2 more years in grad school might actually be good for me. Its gonna be hard, or different at least and I'm kinda sorry that this experience happened so late...kinda wished i woke up 5 years ago...but im still young. The past five years haven't been a total waste though as i think i developed socially alot. Also, certain things are happening which i never though would have happened before. i am able to hold the attention of an entire room or crowd of people and lead in certain activities. Maybe this is because i am on average 2 years older than the college crowd but say what... its getting me attention from girls. I think this is one of the things that attracted her to me. Also, there was a turn around date were we kinda just limed as equals, though i took the lead when decisions were being made. After that she was txting me to hang out and it was obvious her interest was peaked. It was only when the time came for things to get physical that i screwed up. And I'm glad i did. There is a saying in capoeira that you learn 10x as much falling down as you do taking someone down.

Anyway, you were right in your blog that i cant just wait for things to happen. Also, i think I'm investing too much i just trying to date one girl i really like rather than a few that are so-so. This girl is still playing games but its ok. Im over it and moving on.
twisted Get Em!

1 comments:

  1. J said...

    so i guess that capoeira saying kinda gives me away, but wha'ever. I do what i want.  


 

Copyright NY3NE 2008